Contest For President Obama To Speak at Your High School | News
CENTRAL COAST, Calif. - More than a thousand public schools nation-wide applied last year. This week some central coast high schools may apply to the 2010 Race To The Top High School Commencement Challenge too.
The White House created this challenge to help President Obama achieve his goal of having the highest proportion of college graduates in the world by 2020.
To apply, schools need to put together essay and data that shows how they promote college and career readiness for all students. They also need to show they establish a culture of student success and academic excellence. The deadline is Friday, February 25th.
To access an application, go to www.whitehouse.gov/commencement.
Central Coast News talked to several high schools in the area. The principals say they haven't heard of the challenge but are now excited to get their students involved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Shots Fired at Home in Hollister
- Second Annual Memorial Day motorcycle run and BBQ event on Sunday, May 26, 2013
- Former Hollister Math Teacher Arrested in Capitola on Charges That He Molested a Student
- Four People Shot in Hollister, Two Die at the Hospital
- Hollister Dog Reunited With Family After A Year