Preliminary Redistricting Maps Approved to Move Forward | Politics
SACRAMENTO - The California Citizens Redistricting Commission voted Friday to move its preliminary final maps to the public review stage and will vote on adoption of the maps on August 15, 2011.
The votes brought the Commission a giant step closer to issuing final maps for U.S. Congressional, State Senate, State Assembly and Board of Equalization districts.
This is the first time in the history of California that an independent citizens commission drew district boundaries.
The preliminary final maps can be viewed at the Commission's website at www.wedrawthelines.ca.gov
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Shots Fired at Home in Hollister
- Second Annual Memorial Day motorcycle run and BBQ event on Sunday, May 26, 2013
- Former Hollister Math Teacher Arrested in Capitola on Charges That He Molested a Student
- Four People Shot in Hollister, Two Die at the Hospital
- Hollister Dog Reunited With Family After A Year